Monday, January 23, 2012

Day XX of Challenge 2012 - 365 earrings in 365 days!

Sometimes overthinking leads to blockage and that's what happened to me tonight.  I thought lightning would strike twice and i would be INSPIRED by outside events again today.  No such luck.  I guess working on taxes doesn't give me a creative jolt.  Go figure.

So i tried this and tried that and messed around - which is fun in and of itself but doesn't necessarily lead to a finished pair of earrings.  Finally, almost in desperation, i picked up a pair of antiqued plated copper chandelier components.  I tried black glass drops but really didn't want to have to do briolette wraps tonight although the black looked good with the copper.  Tried this.  Tried that.  Tried the other.  Nothing was clicking.

Well wouldn't you know it.  Swarovski bicones to the rescue.  The color was perfect.  The shape is attractive.  And, sometimes, making a few decent wrapped loops makes me feel like i've accomplished something, by gum.  I'm going to wear these tomorrow!

Supplies:
(2) plated earring components
(6) 6mm Swarovski bicones (tourmaline)
(2) plated ear wires

Twenty pairs of earrings in as many days...
Can i stop now?
Not so fast, lil miss.  You've got 345 more to go.  Aiiiyeeeeeee!

2 comments: