Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 19 of Challenge 2012 - 365/365

I rarely title the jewelry that i make but tonight's pair is called "Bad Hands".

My first inspiration was 49er red and gold.  My final inspiration was Kyle Williams' fumble in OT.

Ah well. 

Supplies:
(2) 6inch pieces of 26gauge gold plated copper core wire
(2) each of glass hand beads, matte gold frames, small turquoise beads
(2) 4mm jump rings
(2) gold plated ear wires

The glass hand beads are top drilled so i threaded the wire through until the bead sat in the middle, then folded the wire up like for a briolette wrap.  Instead i used the vise pin and twisted the wire, stopping when there was a nice distance between the glass hand beads and the twist of the wire.  Then i just threaded the wire through the frame, capturing the turquoise bead in the middle of the frame.  Then a wrapped loop and a 4mm jump ring to attach the dangle to the ear wire.

It's a sad pair.  Like 49er fans everywhere. 


5 comments:

  1. hahahaha....I guess it's true, ANYTHING can be inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i will remove the turquoise beads from the frames so that the frames are empty. That, i think, would be even closer to what i am trying to express.

    i can't believe you all are laughing. I'm still in shock this morning.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know....maybe the turquoise bead surrounded by the frame could mean a.) maybe if the football was a different shape he would have caught it! or b.) there must have been an invisible frame that kept him from catching it! hahahaha!

    I'm a Niners fan (always have been....don't shoot me!) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know what to think.

    they came soooooooooooooooooooo close!!

    i'll leave the turquoise beads. the color looks good. those earrings will forever remind me of that game, though.

    ReplyDelete