Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 11 - The bead goes on. And on and on and...

How 'bout them 'Niners!

Today we were privileged to attend the lovely wedding of a young couple.  I was so hoping to be inspired by the whole wedding atmosphere and come home and whip up a stunning pair of earrings that any bride would be proud to wear.  The colors today were white, silver and blue - a very wintery combination and a very effective combination that i totally love.

It's really nice to have an idea.  It would be even nicer if some of these ideas i have just carried themselves to completion and left me standing in awe of my powers of design.

I tried.  I really tried.  Lustrous white beads.  Drops.  Crystals.  Sigh.  Not to be. 

So today's earrings are a punt.  But they turned out pretty good despite me.

Supplies:
20gauge wire (i think this is square wire, actually)
8/0 seed beads
3.4mm drops
chain

Make a loop on one end of a 5 inch piece of wire.
Thread 8/0 seeds in your choice of color to cover one half of the wire.
Bend the wire in half into a long oval.
File the end that will go through the ear.
Attach a drop to the chain by opening a link and adding the bead.
Open the loop on the end of the wire and attach the chain.
Close the loop.

Not bad, eh?  And just 354 ideas left to bubble to the surface!  I'm psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment