Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Challenge 2012 (Day 7) - 365 earrings in 365 days



Hahahahahaha!  These earrings make me laugh!  Lately, as you may imagine, i view everything as potential earring components.  So when i finished the last of this lovely imported French wine and discovered i now had TWO corks...

The first order of business was to drill a hole lengthwise in each of the corks.  My husband, bless his heart, always has just the right tool and this time was no exception.  Using his mini hand drill, i drilled in from each end of the cork and then used an awl to enlarge the hole enough for wire to pass through.  This is a sweet little tool!  I found it online at http://www.welburngourdfarm.com/ and, according to the website, it is ideal for making teeny tiny holes.  We know it works on wine corks!  I might have to get my own.  Terry keeps a pretty close eye on his toys.

Picture of hand operated Mini Tip Drill Set

Once the corks were drilled, it was easy going.  I had a couple of brown glass heart beads to dangle from the bottom and i used 22gauge copper core color coated wire to form the loops.  I had to use a briolette wrap on the glass beads.  Not my preference but ya gotta go with the bead hole flow, right?  And.....here they are!  Lucky Day 7!  Corks, glass beads, and 22ga wire.  Sweet!!  I wonder how many corks i'd need to make a necklace?  A long necklace...............

2 comments: