Sunday, February 26, 2012

Earrings most Every Day...

There be dragons...

This time it's a Western pair of the little darlings, dangling at the bottom of a short stretch of Byzantine weave chain maille.  Too cute!

I haven't tried Byzantine weave in a long time.  The first attempt was woeful.  Let's leave it at that.  I've heard it said that one either has the vision for weaving rings, or doesn't.  I'm not sure i've acquired the vision yet but i did find a  website with instructions even i could understand.  There are plenty of well-known chain maille sites but visit DavidChainJewelry to see what i saw.  That'll make it a double vision!  Woot.

Speaking of dragons, who's read the Game of Thrones series by George R R Martin?  Are you watching the HBO series? 

2 comments:

  1. My daughter would love these! I love these! We are so into vamps, wolves and mystical creatures...these are awesome! You're right about weaving rings...I've made one attempt and haven't returned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try again! The Byzantine weave IS doable. Take a look at that website i mentioned. Good visuals.

    ReplyDelete