Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 29 of Challenge 2012 - 365/365

Day 29 and we're feelin' fine!  Rained today in San Francisco and i think the green growing things are confused because here it is February 1 and the flowering plum are doing just that!  What the....??

Last night Terry suggested that my mom be the inspiration for the next pair of earrings.  For those who don't know, my mom passed away last August and we are in SF to go through the house and celebrate her life with a party this Saturday.  Well.  "Going through the house" does not quite capture this undertaking.  We are, in essence, going through my mother's 87 years, my dad's 85 years, their 50+ years together, the 40 years we've lived in this house, plus whatever my brother and i and assorted family have added to the stew.  Ai yi yi.

Not to lead you to believe that everything remained untouched until we arrived.  Not at all.  But there is still plennnnnnnnty to go through and the clock is ticking.  Ai yi yi.

As for my mom inspiring a pair of earrings, she is everywhere i look. There is no lack of inspiraton.  But what made me laugh was a pair of small brass jingle bells.  Mom was forever "getting organized." ( Oh my.  That's been MY new year's resolution for the past 10 years!)  Her method of organizing was to put small things in small containers.  So there are lots of small containers - film cannisters, little tins, little jars, little boxes - filled or not-so-filled with small things.  I found the bells in a drawer.  There were two of them and bingo!  Pair of earrings!  You think?  Follow me as we dance down the path that is my convoluted route to finishing....anything.

the brass bells
my first idea.  KISS.
and get 'er done.

but more is better!
 longer is also better!
hahahaha!
 fools said i you do not know!


Supplies:
(2) small brass bells
(12) twisted connectors in antique brass plate
(10) top drilled small glass daggers
(4) 8mm jump rings in antique brass plate
26gauge plated copper core Artistic Wire in non-tarnish brass
(2) interchangeable ear wires in antique brass plate

These are so pretty!
Attach glass daggers to connectors with 26gauge wire using a briolette wrap.
Thread 3 connectors with attached bead onto one 8mm jump ring.
Open a second jump ring.
Thread one connector with attached bead, one connector with no bead, and a third connector with attached bead onto the second jump ring.
Thread the middle connector with no bead onto the first jump ring.
Close all jump rings.
Slide top jump ring onto interchangeable ear wire.

Wow.  Threehundredthirtysix more days of changing my mind every two minutes.  I can't wait.
 

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! I giggle at the "evolution of an earring" because I have definitely know what it's like to start off with "bells" and whistles and end up with nuts and bolts! hahaha. you gotta love it!

    I love the finished pair!

    This is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete